The bench saw is used in the second stage of timber preparation and is capable of a much finer cut.
The bench was made by Samuel Worssam and Co, The Oakley Works, King’s Road, Chelsea, London. Samuel Worssam and Co took over the Oakley Works, 232/234 King’s Road in 1867.
It is believed that the bench was purchased by Sir Frederic Knight (1812 – 1897) who took over the management of the estate in 1841.
It appears to have been modified by Garnish and Lemon when they helped refurbish the mill for Viscount Ebrington in 1899/1900 as the firm's initials are marked on the bench.
It was used until 1996 when the mill was purchased by the National Park Authority and was moved into the Carpenter’s Shop in 2002.